The 25 Most Unbelievable FACTS About Sports You Need To Know:-
- Baseballs were originally made from the foreskins of horses.
- The state sport of Alabama is figure skating.
- A race car with a wood-burning engine finished 3rd in the 1927 Indianapolis 500.
- Boxing legend Rocky Marciano invented the fax machine.
- Studies show high school tennis players score significantly lower on math tests, it is assumed because of the sport’s illogical 15–30–40 scoring system.
- According to the official Major League Baseball rule book, baseball games “are to last 9 innings or two and one-half hours, whichever comes first.”
- The NCAA required college football players to study during halftime until 1925.
- The Houston Rockets did not discover until the 14th game of the 1984–85 NBA season that their home arena rims were set at 9-feet, 7-inches.
- It is customary for jockeys to be paid in coins, no matter how large their winnings.
- In the ancient Greek Olympics, wrestling matches were in the nude and a match did not end until one of the competitors became aroused.
- The Stanley Cup was originally two stories tall but was deemed too difficult to transport.
- In 2008, Michael Vick’s prison intramural football team went 3–5.
- Most broken Major League bats are sent to third world countries where they are used as building materials and crude weapons.
- The O-Chimp-ics, a multi-sport international event for monkeys, was held every four years from 1952 to 1960.
- Golf balls were originally made from dried cow eyeballs.
- Hockey legend Gordie Howe suffers from cryophobia, the extreme fear of cold and ice.
- The grass at Wimbledon was kept two inches long until 1949 when an English player was bitten by a snake.
- No Olympic steeplechase silver medalist, male or female, has lived past the age of 41.
- Former NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle was born with a spinal protuberance that looked like a small tail, which he kept all his life.
- During Vin Scully’s first year as a broadcaster in 1957, he was suspended by the Dodgers for calling a home run with “He hit that like it was Marilyn Monroe!”
- A man in Mississippi was briefly imprisoned for “sorcery” in 1884 after throwing a curveball at a county fair.
- Surfing is an optical illusion.
- Babe Ruth once said he knew he didn’t swing hard enough if “a little poop didn’t come out.”
- During a two-week hamstring injury in 1948, the Dodgers secretly replaced Jackie Robinson in the lineup with a white man in black face named Herschel Morowitz.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a Super Bowl in 2003.
IPL-2022 LSG Vs RR: RR Won By 24 Runs
IPL-2022 CSK Vs GT: GT Won By 7 Wickets
IPL-2022 CSK Vs MI: MI Won By 5 Wickets